AisleRiot Suggestions was Re: Forking Gnome-games 2.2.x freecell?

  • From: Callum McKenzie <callum physics otago ac nz>
  • To: Jeff Bailey <jbailey nisa net>
  • Cc: games-list gnome org
  • Subject: Re: Forking Gnome-games 2.2.x freecell?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:12:04 +1300

> The aisleriot-based Freecell package is missing several features which I
> find critical to my enjoyment of the game.  The two important ones that
> come to mind are the scoreboard and the logic to allow it to use empty
> columns as well as the 4 holder-positions when dragging a column from
> one location to the other.

The feature I miss most is being able to move cards by clicking instead of
dragging. Playing aisleriot on a laptop is not enjoyable for me. I have
created a rpm package for Fedora based on gnome-games 2.20 and have downgraded
to it on my laptop.

I see there is an open bug #123329 on bugzilla. I will add my comments there
as well.

Ron