Re: Assertions in glines -> solved

Callum McKenzie said:
> On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 20:10 +0000, Marco Colombo wrote:
>> yo!!!
>> I have solved the problem! I found a precious hint on richard's webpage
>> (http://rahga.com/svg/), where it was mentioned the need for a CVS
>> librsvg. After compiling and installing that, glines started working
>> correctly.
>> ciao, marco
> Hmm, that is bad. I had thought that we had resolved the need for a CVS
> librsvg. At the very least configure should have told you what you were
> missing.
>
>  - Callum

I'm bad for not replying to the e-mail... I was hoping it would go away
since there's no bug report involved. ;)

Anyway, there should be no need for CVS librsvg. Just to make sure,
yesterday I grabbed a fresh PC with FC3, and I can say for sure that CVS
gtk+ & CVS gnome-games & librsvg 2.8.1 will run fine together. It uses
raster scaling, but it works fine.

However, if you do something like nuke your loaders for gdk-pixbuf prior
to installing CVS gtk+, then of course, you've probably gotten rid of the
loader for librsvg and would need to reinstall it. Occasionally, distros
like Gentoo would do this when upgrading Gtk+. Or there's a small chance
than running an earlier development version of Gtk+ or librsvg would have
introduced an incompatibility bug. The possibilities are endless.

-Richard Hoelscher
http://rahga.com/svg/