Re: Assertions in glines

Marco Colombo said:
> yo!!!

sup dizzog.

> I've downloaded gnome-games from cvs and compiled it successfully. The
> problem is that when I run glines, it does't show any balls and I get
> the following assertions:
>
> ** (glines:1415): CRITICAL **: file games-preimage.c: line 126
> (games_preimage_render): assertion `preimage != NULL' failed
>
> (glines:1415): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_draw_pixbuf: assertion
> `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
>
> [...]
>
> (glines:1415): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion
> `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
>
> This is probably a known error, but I don't know where to look to solve
> it...

Truth of the matter is that preimage support could benefit from more
testing, but it's still very early in this cycle. I also don't know how
you attempted to install this, so...

To address this, please go to http://bugs.gnome.org/ and file a glines bug
over there. Besides all of the error messages and details on how you
compiled and installed, you can also provide the result of the following
commands:

gconftool-2 -R /apps/glines
(send in the messages)

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/glines
(does it fix the problem)

Even if the second one fixes your problem, glines needs to be fixed, so
send in the messages from the first. Josselin Mouette just sent in a ton
of image loading patches that correct issues found when upgrading from 2.6
to 2.8 under certain package systems.

> Please help me! I have a patch to remove some evil constants in glines.c
> (all those 9s).

The patch would only last until bug #83532 is gotten around to, as it
would bring about a configurable playfield in glines.

-Richard Hoelscher
http://rahga.com/svg/