Re: Gataxx

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 03:29:11PM +1300, Callum wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Arvind Narayanan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm the main gtkboard developer. It started as a purely gtk program,
> > but in the latest version I have enabled optional gnome support. I
> > would like to make it a gnome program, and would love to have it
> > included in gnome-games. Currently its focused at developers, but if
> > y'all think it would be a nice addition to gnome then I'll be glad to
> > concentrate on the front-end and usability issues, like redoing the UI
> > in glade, using gconf, better documentation and internationaliztion etc.
>
> I haven't had a chance to have a look at it properly, but it looks
> fascinating.
>
> You do realise that this almost makes gnome-games completely redundant
> :) ?
Hardly. For the 2 or 3 games that gtkboard has in common with gnome-games,
I guess the gnome-games version would be better, or at least more mature,
and so those games could be compiled out of gtkboard when it is distributed
with gnome-games.

> Nothing new is going into gnome-games for 2.6. I keep thinking about doing
> a bit of a shake-up for 2.8 and throwing some games out (or at least into
> a separate package). That might be the right time for GtkBoard and
> gnome-games to meet.
Fine. Then I'll start working on the above mentioned issues right away.
Could you give a vague ballpark of the timeline for 2.8?

Cheers,
Arvind
--
Its all GNU to me