Re: Gataxx

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Arvind Narayanan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the main gtkboard developer. It started as a purely gtk program,
> but in the latest version I have enabled optional gnome support. I
> would like to make it a gnome program, and would love to have it
> included in gnome-games. Currently its focused at developers, but if
> y'all think it would be a nice addition to gnome then I'll be glad to
> concentrate on the front-end and usability issues, like redoing the UI
> in glade, using gconf, better documentation and internationaliztion etc.

I haven't had a chance to have a look at it properly, but it looks
fascinating.

You do realise that this almost makes gnome-games completely redundant
:) ?

Nothing new is going into gnome-games for 2.6. I keep thinking about doing
a bit of a shake-up for 2.8 and throwing some games out (or at least into
a separate package). That might be the right time for GtkBoard and
gnome-games to meet.