Re: removed games

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 05:53, Callum McKenzie wrote:
> > I saw in the GNOME 2.3 announcement that a bunch of games have been
> > removed from gnome-games. I was perplexed, however, that freecell is kept
> > in when the same functionality is already provided by Aisleriot. Is there
> > any point in keeping freecell in gnome-games?

Weird.  I allowed this message onto the list (as I am the moderator atm)
but I never actually received it.

> I'm not sure there is either, but at the very least there should be a
> freecell.desktop file which does something like "sol --freecell", i.e.
> calls aisleriot in some sort of emulation mode. Ideally any missing
> features in aisleriot should be also implemented.

Glad we agree. I plan to remove Freecell, once the gdk-card-image
library has been extracted from it and cleaned up.

> Having said that I'm not sure that some of the games that have been
> removed should have been removed. A lot of people seemed to have liked
> gnibbles and xbill. Removing the duplicates is a good idea though.

I still hold my position on xbil -- go to xbill.org and get it from
there.  gnibbles... not so sure.

> PS: Ross, I'm back from holiday.

Great. Expect a mail today, as I am going on holiday tomorrow for a few
days :)

Ross
                                      jabber: ross jabber debian net
                                    www: http://www.burtonini.com./