Re: The Website is starting to work.

Hi all,

En jue, 2002-01-10 a 07:10, tim linuxgreenhouse org escribió:
> Thank you for your work with Antonio on the website.  We make some good
> progress.  I think by your launching the "Under Construction" pages
> without a preview by Amy and the g3web team, you have caught us off-guard.

Sorry for the inconvinience. I thought working and making progess was
good. I really think a lot of people hasn't undertood what a CVS means.
It stands for Concurrent Version System. I think a RCS could have been
better. We just tried to show that some people are working on the web
and that is possible to the rest of the team to make contributions. We
are trying to follow Amy papers line by line and we will get it done. We
just posted that the web is starting to work. I apologize to everybody
for that.

> On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Amy Schechter <amy conman zoned net> wrote:
> > Just saw the call for papers...doesn't look anything like the stuff I
> > posted and sent around. Am I missing something?
>
> As you know, the CFP is not completely clear (as is, it appears like the
> CFP is only for Papers and not Presentations, too.)  This is somewhat a
> question to fix in English.
>
> Can you take the site off-line until we bugfix it properly?  I am
> concerned that guadec.org will be found and the public will go to it now
> in a pre-mature state.  I think we can fix this quickly.

I am on it.

> Miguel and I took some care to present a structure for the
> formats, but while it is in Amy's Schematic, on
> http://www.guadec.org/callforpapers/ it is missing.
> Rebecca J. Walter <rjp mail tele dk> raised some points about
> the CFP which is still being discussed.  We need a little time to merge
> the plan Gregorio presented as a release candidate with the Schematic of
> Amy.

That's fine. But remember that the work needs time to be done. I will
use exactly what is in Amy schematics, even if they are incomplete.

Can anyone tell me WHERE are the forms in the CFP schematics?. I think
we will need to collect information like names, surnames, title of the
speech... and since there is nothing about that in the schemas we went
to last years forms in order to elaborate ours. We couldn't find the
design for that forms and IMHO they are the most important part of the
CFP web interface.

> > Other information such as that relationed to travelling, etc. Who is
> giving that to us?
>
> Information that is being collected (as with the corporate logos)
> should be routed through <amy conman zoned net>, as she is the
> information architect.  She can give the "GO."

Ok. I will just write down that on schematics. Nothing more nor less.
> Thanks,
>
> tim

Jaime.