Re: Llamada de Dirección

[snip]
> We do not know.  We do not know the total amount of travel subsidy
> requests or the final results of Sponsorship funds for this.
>
> We can expect Sponsorships will be lower this year (for example,
> USENIX will not contribute the same $10,000 as last year.)
>
> This is what I propose:
>
> Both the database of speakers, presenters, staff (for example the
> videostreaming company workers) and the database of participants
> should ask the amount of travel subsidy (in US$ & Euros) that is
> needed. This needs to be outputted or viewable in spreadsheet fashion.
>
> We then should have one representative in Spain and one in the U.S.
> who together can review the travel estimates and watch for low fares
> and track employer (RedHat, Ximian, Sun) sponsorship of their own
> employee- speakers.
>
> I copied <rjp@mail.tele.dk> and <mva@df.lth.se> who organized GUADEC 2
> and may have some advice on handling travel arrangements and
> subsidies. I also copied the g3web team because we must handle the
> submission of this information on the web.

last year we asked people to find out how much it would cost them to
travel to Denmark and back. Then this was what we were using to
calculate the maximum amount of travelexpenses. If their travelexpenses
exceeded the amount they told us, then they didn't get a dime more than
they told us - if it costed them less, then we ofcause only gave them
what they used.

Remember to count in expenses for hotel booking + food.

Just ask if there's anything from last year you want to know.

later..
Kim Schulz