RE: Llamada de Dirección

Hello Teo,

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Teo Ruiz wrote:

> > -2- travel (from which city they must depart and return)
>
> People in #guadec on irc.gnome.org are asking me about the travel
> sponsorship, for example one of them knows a GNOME developer (he works
> on GStreamer) from afghanistan who lives in Pakistan, and i think it
> would be a great idea to sponsor him. Besides that man, i see several
> GNOME hackers who need to be sponsored.

I understand.  That is why we must immediately start to quantify our
travel subsidy requests and come-up with the proposed travel budget.

> How is that task?I mean, do we know if we will be able to sponsor
> them?

We do not know.  We do not know the total amount of travel subsidy
requests or the final results of Sponsorship funds for this.

We can expect Sponsorships will be lower this year (for example, USENIX
will not contribute the same $10,000 as last year.)

This is what I propose:

Both the database of speakers, presenters, staff (for example the
videostreaming company workers) and the database of participants
should ask the amount of travel subsidy (in US$ & Euros) that is needed.
This needs to be outputted or viewable in spreadsheet fashion.

We then should have one representative in Spain and one in the U.S.
who together can review the travel estimates and watch for low fares and
track employer (RedHat, Ximian, Sun) sponsorship of their own employee-
speakers.

I copied <rjp@mail.tele.dk> and <mva@df.lth.se> who organized GUADEC 2
and may have some advice on handling travel arrangements and subsidies.
I also copied the g3web team because we must handle the submission of
this information on the web.

tim