gnome-power-manager 2.17.3

       Module: gnome-power-manager
      Version: 2.17.3
  Uploaded by: Richard Hughes

http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-power-manager/2.17/gnome-power-manager-2.17.3.tar.gz
  md5sum: e6f26373f9fed1b01ed61b407bf3bacd
    size: 2.4M

http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-power-manager/2.17/gnome-power-manager-2.17.3.tar.bz2
  md5sum: 6cc658181f3b23bd35c6231b5c0618a3
    size: 1.7M

News
----

This _unstable_ release contains lots of new features since 2.17.2 was released.

==============
Version 2.17.3
==============

Released December 04, 2006

General

 - Add the initial versions of the inhibit and brightness applets.
 - Update the window title to be Power History rather than Power Graphs to
   match the drop down menu. #364200
 - Only allocate a buffer once, globally. #363991 (Stu Hood)
 - Fix several build errors on Solaris. #364621 (Harry Lu)
 - Lots of code structure changes, so now task-gobjects are now responsible
   for applying policy. Actions are now mostly asyncronous and modular.
   Code is now easier to understand IMO, and has a better structure.
 - Add really basic support for sounds when critical events happen, for
   instance if suspend fails and the lid is shut. Prevents melting.
   This uses gst-launch to use gstreamer. Add some sample sounds done by me.
 - Convert multi-instance code from libguniqueapp to GtkUnique.
 - Add gnome-keyring functionality to lock keyrings when sleeping. #375681
 - Use GtkUnique rather than libguniqueapp. Optional but recommended dep.

Power Manager

 - Add proper support for detecting broken batteries with UI to ignore
   and visit the vendor page. Requires a new hal-info to work.
 - Add code to detect when we didn't quite make it back from resume.
   This functionality requires a patch to HAL to work. (David Zeuthen)
 - Add charging flash to match the other charging icons. #364574
 - Don't do *any* action until the battery data is marked as valid. (Stu Hood)
 - Fix an infrequent odd crash when we are suspending. (Pascal Terjan)
 - Sanity check the rate and time values in case the hardware really goes
   screwy for a few seconds, and gets the values wrong.
 - Set the libnotify window to NULL after we unref it, which will probably fix
   the crash in #365279
 - Only add and remove batteries if sane. This uses a hashtable to keep
   track of what batteries we are watching and should fix #369488.
 - When we add a DPMS state throttle, remove the last one if set.
   This fixes the bug where the screensaver would not show if
   DPMS had been allowed to activate. Fixes #355279.
 - Fix the bug that was causing the battery items to show on some desktops.
 - Fix a race where percentage_charge can be momentarily zero at startup.
   This fixes an incorrect 'fully charged' notification on startup.
 - Instead of showing "missing" as the catchall, show "discharging".
   #364450. (Stu Hood)
 - Calculate the smoothed rate from device caches, instead of devices.
   #361583. (Stu Hood)

Power Preferences

 - Change the checkbox to "Dim the display when the computer is idle" #363765

Translators

 - Josep Puigdemont i Casamajó (ca)
 - Francisco Javier F. Serrador  (es)
 - Theppitak Karoonboonyanan (th)
 - Ivar Smolin (et)
 - Satoru SATOH (ja)
 - Kjartan Maraas (nb)
 - Daniel Nylander (sv)

--
An RSS 2.0 feed of ftp-release-list is available at:
http://download.gnome.org/LATEST.xml