Re: fplan missing from sf.net, xfplan only?

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 04:58:29AM -0700, Stephen Birch wrote:
> Hmmm ... fplan isnt at sf.net any more, only xfplan.  I was planning
> to package both the GUI and the text versions.

Just to clarify, my intention is to continue to keep my version
of legacy fplan and any new work by me on the current ibiblio site
and continue to use the name "fplan" for that project.

Don't get me wrong, anyone is welcome to take what is on ibiblio
and do what you please with it (subject to the GPL of course).

As far as my plans go, I'm leaning towards carving out parts of
my version of fplan on ibiblio and reworking them into a library.
This should make it easier to add some of the features I have been
wanting, by hiding these details behind a generic programmer's
interface. I would eventually re-assemble the text fplan using
these new, hopefully better parts.

The xfplan project could then choose to re-incorparate those
libraries, or just ignore them and continue on your own
development path.

The two ideal candidates for library modules are 1) a database
module that supports ATA100, DAFIF, and possibly ARINC 429 data,
and 2) a flight plan module that hides the data structures, but
provides functions for manipulating them (the navigation functions
for computing courses, etc. belong there as well).

I will post some of my design notes once I get them cleaned up...

Regards, John

--
 ___|___ | John C. Peterson, KD6EKQ | The day that Microsoft makes something
  -(*)-  | mailto:jcp eskimo com    | that does not suck, will be the day that