Re: fplan missing from sf.net, xfplan only?

John C. Peterson(jcp eskimo com)@2005-06-19 22:59:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 04:58:29AM -0700, Stephen Birch wrote:
> > Hmmm ... fplan isnt at sf.net any more, only xfplan.  I was planning
> > to package both the GUI and the text versions.
> >

> Just to clarify, my intention is to continue to keep my version
> of legacy fplan and any new work by me on the current ibiblio site
> and continue to use the name "fplan" for that project.

With a copy of sf.net, yes?

> Don't get me wrong, anyone is welcome to take what is on ibiblio
> and do what you please with it (subject to the GPL of course).

Cool ... my intention is to package fplan and xfplan for debian.  Not
sure how I am goint to make updated databases available but probably
will package the database and create an online location so debian
users can update simply using:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

> As far as my plans go, I'm leaning towards carving out parts of
> my version of fplan on ibiblio and reworking them into a library.
> This should make it easier to add some of the features I have been
> wanting, by hiding these details behind a generic programmer's
> interface. I would eventually re-assemble the text fplan using
> these new, hopefully better parts.
>
> The xfplan project could then choose to re-incorparate those
> libraries, or just ignore them and continue on your own
> development path.

Be a shame if xfplan end up being a fork, the library idea is better.

> I will post some of my design notes once I get them cleaned up...

Cool.