Re: gui & Database

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 04:00:36PM -0500, mike_phillips urscorp com wrote:
> I'll also put together some standalone apps to create the sql database
> from the fplan files. I'm also thinking of using DAFIF to update the nasr
           ^^^^^^^^^^^????????
> information (saves the $36 / 56 days).

Mike,

  Could you elaborate a little on this? The "fplan files" require lots
of fussing around to create, and avdbtools currently supports only the
NASD files. The hope would be to have the ability to create a complete,
timely (e.g. not expired :^) and workable db using only the DAFIF data.
DAFIF would also finally get a data pipeline open to the non-US pilots!

  I think one important issue related to the databases is that it is
imperative that it be easy for a user to create his/her own "personal
database". I'm glad to see you appreciate this... (the standalone tool)

--
 ___|___ | John C. Peterson, <jcp eskimo com> | "Once you have flown, you
  -(*)-  | will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you