Re: Board of Directors candidacy question

Hi Britt,

Great to see you decided to go ahead and submit your candidacy! By way of context, I'd say the minimum time commitment is around 2 hours a week. We have a 1hr meeting every 2 weeks, and try to use the alternative weeks as work sessions to make progress on the board's projects. You need a little more time to stay on top of e-mails, proposals, etc. Any more time-consuming activities such as holding an officer post or taking part in specific projects/working groups is in addition to this, but also entirely up to you. Now the Foundation has a larger staff team, we're trying to keep the board streamlined in this way to allow people to contribute in a more regular board member advisory capacity, rather than becoming default volunteers for everything and anything. (I certainly wouldn't be able to commit time on that open-ended basis!) Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rob