Re: GNOME ASIA logo competition

Neil McGovern <neil gnome org> writes:

On Mon, 2019-07-01 at 22:11 -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
  > There are 29 logos competing with each other and you can vote for
your 3
  > favorites by leaving a comment here:
  > https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Events/GNOMEAsia/issues/46

I am sad to report that this page seems to require nonfree Javascript
code.  Looking at the page with LibreJS to protect me from nonfree
Javascript code, I don't see any of the logos.

All JavaScript served on that page comes from GNOME hosted servers and
it is all MIT licensed, as is the entirety of GitLab CE, which is what
we're running.

It's missing any license or copyright notices and is in minified /
non-source form; so though it is available as free software from another
place, as the user receives it when visiting the site, it is nonfree.
Maybe easily correctable though, since it is actually intended to be
distributed freely?

(One example,
view-source:https://gitlab.gnome.org/assets/webpack/runtime.ee1acb18.bundle.js)

-john

GPG Key: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7 5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
https://status.fsf.org/johns | https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<https://my.fsf.org/join>.