Re: Highlight individual project fundraisings

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 04:26:23AM +0000, philip chimento gmail com wrote:
On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 2:53 AM Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:
But… when someone donates to one of the above fundraisings, the GNOME
Foundation doesn't receive any money. So there would be in some way a
"competiton" with https://www.gnome.org/support-gnome/ . So maybe the
GNOME Foundation doesn't want to highlight other fundraisings on the
website. But this would come in conflict with the goal of the GNOME
Foundation which is to "further the goals of the GNOME Project".

I disagree with your statement that _not_ highlighting these fundraisers
would come into conflict with the goal to "further the goals of the GNOME
project." Furthering the goals of the GNOME project does not mean
exhaustively taking every possible action that might help those goals by
any amount, no matter how big or small.

Yeah, true.

I'll see what I can do.

Anyway, I would add that everything that involves money becomes quickly
complicated.

--
Sébastien