Re: Highlight individual project fundraisings

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 05:07:43PM +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
I can see your concern with user-visible vs. non-visible projects, e.g.
libraries vs. user visible apps, but I feel this is also a non issue
because in fact; we have always had an easier time to find funding for
the development of our platform - and as long as we continue to produce
a platform that is competitive and remains useful to a wide variety of
applications outside of just the "GNOME Desktop" use cases, this will
remain true.

It would seem to me at least, it is the user visible apps within GNOME
which have been left behind in funding, and need to resort to public
fundraising, because (almost) nobody is building products and
generating revenue with these highly GNOME Desktop specific user facing
Apps.

It depends, there are apps that are/were well funded (for example
gnome-builder), and there are libraries under-funded (for example
GtkSourceView).

--
Sébastien