Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of September, 26th, 2017

Hi board,

we have not seen any meeting minutes in over two months now.

As a foundation member, I do not feel that I can weigh in on any
matters if I am not aware that they are being discussed. I would have
thought that with hiring an ED, some of the workload should be lifted
off the board which should have given the board more time to ensure
that minutes are sent out promptly.

I would like to propose to the board that if the board is not able to
publish the minutes within a reasonable period of time, you should
consider calling for a secretary outside of the board who has the time
to do it or making it part of an employee's job description.

Additionally, one of the requirement for the ED which was being
discussed when I was on the board was that the ED should blog about
their work on a weekly or fortnightly basis to make it more visible.
Is this still something that the board could consider? I follow most
GNOME channels, and I have not seen what the ED has done since GUADEC.

This is a comment on the lack of communication from the board rather
than on the work being done. I realise that this is only the second
time that I've raised the issue this year, but I feel that this is
something so trivial that it should not be a problem. When I was
helping the Secretary send out minutes some years ago, it was a 15
minute job at most for me. I'd be happy to share my workflow from back
then if that would help :)

Thanks!
Kat