Re: Maps' Mapbox free coupon is soon to expire

Maybe it's getting a bit late to think about this, but I just recalled
that our free coupon for tile access for Mapbox tiles for Maps is about
to expire (Dec 31, 2017 AFAIR). As I understand it this means we will
automatically be transferred to a "pay-as-you-go plan" with Mapbox. If
I recall correctly from the investigation Mattias did in relation to
the issue where Ingress.com used our (as we had then) tile proxy,
generating a huge amount of requests, and that when the proxy was shut
down (it's no longer used) usage when down to around 55 to 65 thousand
requests per day. If I understand the pricing model from Mapbox
correctly, this would approximatly correspond to around 30 USD per day
for our current usage.

So, I'm not sure how we should proceed here, and if we could find some
sponsor(s) willing to give a helping hand here.

Plus we still would need a policy for GNOME(related) applications that
need map tiles but aren't GNOME maps, e.g. Photos/Shotwell