Re: Term duration for board members (was GNOME Board of Directors Foundation Elections 2017 - Candidates)

Hi,
On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Michael Catanzaro
<mike catanzaro gmail com> wrote:
> Here's another question: what do the candidates think about switching to
> using two-year terms?

I think this is an interesting idea, but I think we'd have to know why people aren't running in the first place to know if it would be an effective solution. For example, if few people are running because they are hesitant about the time commitment, then having two year terms might exacerbate that. I agree that there haven't been enough candidates the past few elections, and some action should be taken to solve the issue. I'd like to hear why people who considered running didn't do so, and what would make them consider running in the future.

Thanks,
Meg