Re: Question to GNOME Foundation Board candidates

Hello Max,

1) How many hours per week do you expect you will be able to dedicate
to working on the board on a regular basis?

I expect the board to take between 3-5h per week in a normal situation. Of course if some task requires it, dedicating more time is expected. I don't have an specific upper limit for that, as long as it's not something necessary to be done every week.
Fortunately I have support from my employer for the board work.

2) What's your plan and view with GNOME in Asia? How do you think
about grow GNOME in Asia?

I didn't think about some specific plan for Asia, I think the same initiatives that could serve for any other continent would help. For example support local people for doing hackfest, conferences, etc. as it has been done on the past. Or do you have a specific idea?

3) How do you make GNOME great again? ( Sorry for my poor English again )
---- Any idea about let everyone say " Wow!! it's GNOME " " I know GNOME :) "

Is not GNOME great already? :)
I'm not sure what you mean by "wow it's GNOME", you mean how to make people excited about the technologies GNOME delivers; or more about brand identity?
In the former, I think it's more like a technical discussion, and in my opinion our initiatives with gtk4, Flatpak, etc. are going in a more than good direction.
Of course we need more work on some places, but that would be more in the technical and community level. What the board can do is to support initiatives that comes from the community to improve those modules.

Best,
Carlos Soriano