Re: Preliminary Results - GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Elections 2017

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 8:51 PM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:
> This year we had 225 registered voters, 110 of which sent in valid
  > ballots.

I am not surprised that so few voted.  Can anyone think of a way
to encourage more candidates?

For comparison, last year we had 253 registered voters and 142 valid ballots. So turnout has only declined from 56% to 49%, which is not that big a change. The bigger change is that the electorate has shrunk by 11% in one year.

In 2015 we had 273 registered voters and 149 valid ballots, so 55% participation.

If anyone wants to investigate further back, you can check the June archives on [1].

Michael

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/