Re: GPLv2/LGPLv2.1: link to gnu.org instead of FSF address?

On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 01:57:25PM +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
Hello,

Do you know if for the GPLv2 and LGPLv2.1 we can replace the FSF address
by an URL to gnu.org? Like this:

You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
along with this library; if not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

at the top of each source file.

At [1] section "How to Apply These Terms to Your New Libraries",
the FSF address is used, not the URL. But for version 3, it's the URL.
So I wonder if for the 2.1 version we can also use the URL. Same for
GPLv2.

You don't have to use the exact suggested text to apply the GPL or LGPL.
Some people leave out that last sentence completely.  You could also
change it to use a URL.