Re: Send us your pants nominations

On Mon, 2016-07-18 at 13:44 -0700, Josh Triplett wrote:
On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 02:52:09PM -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:

GUADEC is coming up soon, and with GUADEC comes the annual Pants
Award.
Every year, GNOME awards a pair of pants to somebody in recognition
of
their outstanding contributions. The board will make the final
decision
on who receives the pants, but we'd love to hear your nominations.

The award can be for any kind of contribution to our software or
our
community. It does not have to be software development work. The
only
requirements are that the person is attending GUADEC to receive the
pants, and that it's not a current or outgoing board member. Not
sure
if the person fits the requirements? Just nominate! We'll sort it
out.
Is there a list somewhere of past recipients of the award?  A quick
check turned up individual mentions of the award, but no
comprehensive
list.  It seems like gnome.org ought to have such a list somewhere.

There is not, and there should be. I was working on this a while ago,
but got sidetracked. I have a partial list. Ideally, we'd have a nice
page with photos and blurbs on what each of the pants winners did.

--
Shaun