Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of August, 2nd, 2016

Indeed I am planning to have it here in Montréal once more. I sent a proposal to ÉTS two days ago for them to provide the venue, and hopefully that will not be a problem. The only thing is that we wouldn't be able to have our own food in there (unless we want to pay the monopolistic catering company to be there during those holidays, which would be outrageously expensive).

Until now I did not really unveil this publicly (except through a tweet or two) as I wanted to have some certainty on the venue first, but hey, the neko is out of the bag now!

I'm not sure how hard it would be ("How Hard Can It Be", right?) to organize the event per se; isn't it mostly about securing the venue, seeing if we can get some sponsored night events outside the venue, negotiating for a hotel group deal, and then documenting the heck out of https://wiki.gnome.org/Events/Summit/2016 and https://wiki.gnome.org/Events/Summit/Montreal ? But yes, help is welcome on all those fronts :) shall we meet up and work on this soon?