Re: User Data Manifesto

On Fri, 2015-09-11 at 12:31 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk> wrote:
Now that we’ve endorsed it (yay!), what are we going to do about
it?
Should we do a review of GNOME apps to make sure they all comply
where
necessary? A GNOME Goal, maybe?

That's a good question.

The manifesto primarily refers to cloud providers, so I'm not really
sure that we can put it into effect ourselves. However, what I would
like to do is work on our own privacy policy (which we could
implement), and to hopefully use that as the basis of collaborations
with the user data manifesto people in the future.

Also, we can help by doing marketing and promotional work, if there
are announcements that we can recirculate and so on. That would be a
good thing to talk to the Engagement Team about.

How about adding a small emblem in the list of account providers (in
Settings -> Online Accounts), for those cloud providers respecting the
user data manifesto?

And that emblem could be clickable, opening a browser to the manifesto
website, in case users are interested?

--
Mathieu