Question to board candidates: privacy funds

In 2013 we raised $20,000 to improve security and privacy in GNOME. I am
aware that the current board has finally formed a committee to determine
how to use the funds, but I would have expected this process to have
been completed by now, since it has been nearly two years since the
conclusion of the fundraising campaign.

Question for candidates currently on the board: do you believe you
handled this process appropriately, and if so, why? If not, what should
have been done better?

Michael