Re: Question on community to the candidates.

Hi Sri,

I think you already know my opinion on this, I completely agree with you,
and I think is a serious issue not being able to reach those hobbyist and
beginners people that can make the difference in GNOME to stay competitive or
vanish. Because now, in my vision, most of new people that wants to participate
in a community requires and wants a different set of things than 10 years ago,
and if we don't reach those people, GNOME will remain relying on "only" paid people,
who were the brave enough at some point to not give up contributing to GNOME,
but the usage of GNOME also depends on how hobbyist are attracted to participate
and how good our community is, and we need to evolution GNOME contribution platform
and community to reach them.

The ideas I have in mind to improve the situation are stated in my candidacy email,
since as you could observe it is, and has been, a top goal for me.

Cheers,
Carlos Soriano