Re: More questions for Board candidates

Hi,

On 05/21/2015 02:25 PM, Karen Sandler wrote:
I have a few questions for the candidates too. I agree with what has
been said by Jeff and Josh that it's important that people on the board
have a diverse skillset, so I wouldn't expect all board members to
answer yes on these, but I think it's good to know if at least a few
people on the board have some background in these areas...

Have you ever done any fundraising?

Yes. I've been a technical resource during both fund-raising and
acquisition stages of multiple start-ups. I've also done deep dives with
potential investors. Determining what technology to focus on can be
crucial to fund-raising.

I do not have experience sourcing new income (with the exception of the
Builder crowd-funding), however this is something I'm increasingly
interested in.

Are you comfortable asking sponsors for money?

I am. I'm comfortable discovering the reasons it is in their best
interest to do so. It's not always obvious how important our stack is to
various current and potential sponsors.

Have you ever been in a manager role?

I have not, other than my time as a maintainer of various projects.
While these are different roles, encouragement and fostering growth are
key to the success of either.

Do you have any experience talking to reporters?

To a degree. My experience has been with ensuring they have the
information necessary to write articles and less about press releases.

Have you ever talked to a group of people about why software freedom is
important?

I regularly take part in both Free and Open Source software outreach in
the San Francisco area. I've spoken to small (a couple people) and large
(100+ people) and am comfortable with both.

Thanks!

-- Christian