GSoC and Outreachy are ON!

Hi all,

GNOME was accepted for GSoC and is participating in Outreachy! \\o//

Thanks to mentors who've already listed GSoC project ideas! We currently only have four GSoC ideas, which are
still open to new applicants, so please consider adding your idea if you are willing to mentor this summer
[1].

Because we only usually have a few participants in Outreachy, we only offer projects that are most strategic
for GNOME through it. These include, but are not limited to, projects in the area of privacy [2], developer
experience, GTK+ [3], core experience, core applications [4], and web infrastructure. Please add your coding
and non-coding ideas for Outreachy on its page [5]. You can put the same coding idea both on GSoC and
Outreachy ideas pages.

In the next 3 weeks, prospective applicants are asked to work with mentors on making relevant contributions
and putting together a project proposal [6] [7].

Everyone, please help us spread the word about both opportunities by encouraging people personally to apply,
posting on social networks, sending the information to the university departments and technology groups, and
posting the flyers on university campuses or handing them out at conferences. Sample e-mail, sample social
network updates, and flyers are available on the spread the word page [8].

Thanks,
Marina

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreach/SummerOfCode/2015/Ideas
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/PrivacyProject2015