Re: Questions for candidates

On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 03:25:59PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:

    > I'm currently thinking of writing up a "Hosting Free Software
    > Responsibly" statement for projects, organizations (FSF, GNOME, etc),
    > and hosting sites to sign on to.

I'm working on repository criteria for the GNU Project.
The is almost ready, waiting for a few details.

I don't want to post it yet, but would you like to look at it privately
and give me feedback?

Sure, I'd be happy to.

Obviously the repository criteria for the GNU Project would set a high
standard, and one to which I'd like to see other organizations sign up
for, especially the kinds of organizations that would label themselves
as supporting "Free Software".  However, I'd also be interested in
helping to establish a broader standard of basic ethics for
hosting/distribution stewardship, which would apply to those
organizations that mirror or distribute Free Software as well, not just
those that serve as the primary hosting point for a repository.  To that
end, I have a first draft of "Responsible Distribution of Free and Open
Source Software", which I'd love to get feedback on.  I'll send that
draft privately as well.  (I intend to distribute it for *public*
feedback in the very near future, as well.)

- Josh Triplett