Re: Agenda for board meeting on July 7th

On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 09:04:52PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
   > * https://kickstarter.com/projects/technoruninc/stratos/

What is the relationship between this and GNOME?

None whatsoever, other than that their mockups appear to depict GNOME,
which is part of why it needs investigation.

I see two problems in the kickstarter page.  The smaller, superficial
problem is that it says "Linux" and means GNU.  If they would like our
support, we should insist they change that.

I'm much less concerned about whether they want GNOME's *support* (as it
seems rather unlikely either that they'd seek such support or that we'd
offer it), and more concerned about whether they're actually acting in
good faith or whether they might be doing something that will actively
damage the reputations of Linux, GNU, GNOME, and other Free Software
projects.

- Josh Triplett