Re: OUTAGE: bugzilla.gnome.org, 09th February (09:00 CET) - 10th February (22:00 CET)

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Andrea Veri <av gnome org> wrote:
The upgrade has been finalized and the machine is back to production.
A special thank you goes to Andre Klapper and Krzesimir Nowak for
their hard work to make this happen.

We are also happy to announce Krzesimir has joined the GNOME
Bugmasters team and admin status has been granted to him on
bugzilla.gnome.org. We are also delighted about the fact today's
upgrade has given a new life to the Bugmasters team: new members are
joining and more are willing to participate to the team and most of
all old members are back on track to provide their valuable feedback
and expertise.

While we are confident enough testing was made we welcome everyone to
submit bugs that may arise at [1].

Have an awesome evening everyone!

I just want to thank everyone on the sysadmin team for this.  This has
been a long time coming and took quite amount of work due to the fact
that we had a specialized bugzilla install.  It's times like this is
why having an expert sysadmin team is so important.  We are _lucky_ to
have such awesome ones.  I've worked in a lot of environments, and I
know what I speak of.

Thanks again guys, you guys are the best!

Now if we can maybe get someone to change the UI a bit on bugzilla
that would be something...

sri

[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=bugzilla.gnome.org

Hi,

this upcoming monday we'll be performing bugzilla.gnome.org's upgrade
to the very latest Bugzilla release, it being 4.4.8.

The upgrade time frame has been kept wide enough for us to perform the
following operations:

1. Make sure the Bugzilla database is replicated on our MySQLd replica
(mainly dumping the DB and restoring it on the replica so they are
both in sync. We need all the tables to be on READ LOCK while doing
this so the upgrade is a good time for the replication of this
database to be restored)
2. Perform the upgrade itself from release 3.4 to release 4.4.8
3. Perform post-upgrade maintenance operations

More information about what happened behind the scenes during these
months can be found at [1].

As usual keep an eye at [2], we'll make sure to update it with ETAs as
things move forward.

[1] http://krnowak.blogspot.it/2015/01/gnome-bugzilla-upgrade.html
[2] https://status.gnome.org

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av