Re: GNOME and Ubuntu GNOME

For whatever it's worth, I had a lively discussion with Sebastien Bacher about this on ubuntu-desktop (regarding the main flavor of Ubuntu, not GNOME Ubuntu):

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-desktop/2014-September/004539.html

One note: When I wrote this, I wasn't aware that Ubuntu was shipping such a mix of versions, as Michael points out.

-- Jim