Re: Board of Directors Elections 2014 - Candidacy - Emily Gonyer

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org> wrote:
Do you have examples of situations where Red Hat (or any other company or
corporation for that matter) has trumped what most of the community
wants/needs? If you do, what do you think the board could/should do about
it?

I presume that it is the fact that a lot of the core maintainers of
GNOME are Red Hat employees.  From what I understand of Red Hat
culture, that doesn't really mean much.  I was having drinks with a
person who used to work at a company who got bought out by Red Hat.  I
believe it was Cygnus.  The biggest culture shock they had was the
fact that Red Hat employees regularly flamed each other on a number of
mailing lists and often quite gleefully.  I'm not sure Red Hat is the
picture of corporate toe the line that you generally see at other
places.  I think in general, FOSS people do tend to be an ornery
crowd. :-)

If there is an issue though with voices not being heard then that
should be addressed.

sri