Re: Board of Directors Elections 2014 - Candidacy - Tobias Mueller

And the missing URL:

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugzilla.gnome.org

On Mon, 2014-05-19 at 15:28 +0100, Ekaterina Gerasimova wrote:
> As the board minutes show from a few weeks ago, the board has been in
> touch with some advisory board members to find out if they could
> donate some person time towards the upgrade. Since then, the sysadmin
> team has also been in touch with someone who may be able to port the
> only customisation that we really need. What resources would you steer
> towards the goal?

Is this customization the Splinter patch review system?

Splinter is currently being actively maintained upstream so bringing in the latest Bugzilla release will also bring a newer Splinter. The major customization that still needs porting and is currently being looked at is related to the attachments statuses (it being the attachment status you can set on the "Create New Attachment" page) which is custom to the GNOME Bugzilla istance. The changes there are huge and spread over several files as you can see by diffing the 3.4 upstream branch against the bugzilla.gnome.org branch hosted on LP. (the header at [1] has the instructions for generating the diff)

We are in contact with someone who might be able to help on this matter, let's hope we'll finally be able to make some progress on this matter. As of today the only service that needs some polishing is our Bugzilla installation, sadly a lot of customizations and changes were added to stock BZ and we ended up having a lot of customizations and extensions without anyone properly maintaining them. We are currently evaluating whether we should just drop some of the old / useless extensions and bring our BZ installation as close to the stock installation as possible to prevent any delay when a newer release will be out. We don't want this situation to happen ever again.

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin,