Re: Board of Directors Elections 2014 - Candidacy - Karen Sandler

Hi Marina

On 2014-05-20 11:17, Marina Zhurakhinskaya <marinaz redhat com> wrote:
In my view, having immediate feedback and ideas from someone with lots of experience during the board
meetings is very valuable, and can't be substituted with occasional consulting. The board and the Foundation
benefit from a diversity of skills and experiences of the board members. As both Karen and I mentioned, she
has been dedicating her time volunteering on critical matters. Being on the board provides the best view into
what these matters are, which she is able to help us with. I think the composition of the board and the
skills and time commitments people can offer need to be considered together to create the best balance.

Indeed, and there is no reason that the immediate feedback cannot be gained from Karen as an adviser if she is invited to board meetings. I do not think that a board composed of some members who are able to devote time to taking on many action items and some who are not able to take on many is a good balance, and certainly not the best balance.

Karen, how much time would you have available to dedicate to board matters above and beyond your existing volunteering commitments? You mentioned elsewhere that you have been spending 5 hours per week on your volunteering efforts for GNOME. Would you be able to dedicate time above that to board duties, or would your board duties negatively impact your existing efforts?

--
http://amigadave.com/