Re: Supporting the free software movement

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Stallman" <rms gnu org>
To: foundation-list gnome org
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2014 6:22:38 AM
Subject: Supporting the free software movement

Would candidates please answer the question,

    How will you direct the GNOME Foundation to promote the general idea
    of free software: that software should be free/libre?

I mean, beyond just making GNOME a good and useful free program.

Hi Richard,

I'd like us to continue promoting free software applications and services that compliment GNOME's core
offerings to the user and inter-operate with them well. We should also work on strong privacy and security
features.

I'd like to see a larger presence from GNOME at LibrePlanet, and will encourage people next year to submit
talks about GNOME.

I include the explanation of the four freedoms, license types, and distinction between Free Software and Open
Source in the GNOME Newcomers Workshop.

Thanks,
Marina

--