Re: Supporting the free software movement

I will/would direct the foundation to use free software in any/all
endeavors without exception. I will continue to encourage the
foundation to work with other free software projects to better
integrate with each other and promote each other. When we fight
amongst each other we degrade all of the work that is done to improve
and promote free software. We will only succeed in bringing free
software to everyone when we cease the petty bickering which has
divided us for too long. Only by working together and promoting each
other do we have a chance to overcome the many misconceptions and
prejudices which are aligned against us, and get free software into
the hands of people everywhere. In order to do this, we must reach out
to other free software projects and work to ensure that our software
is compatible with theirs whenever possible, giving all of our users a
wider variety of choices to use as we recognize that no one project is
'right' for everyone, but that free software is.

Emily Gonyer