Re: Agenda for board meeting on July 18th

On 18/07/2014, Andrea Veri <av gnome org> wrote:

On Fri, 2014-07-18 at 14:12 +0100, Ekaterina Gerasimova wrote:
I would like to remind you that if you would like the board to discuss
any issues at a meeting, you are welcome to request additions to the
agenda for the following meeting at any time.

Could you please discuss how the new board will be publishing meeting
minutes; in particular, the timeliness of publication.

Hey Michael!

as Ekaterina correctly pointed out we'll be discussing and electing the new
officers very soon. That means a new secretary will be in charge of taking
meeting minutes and publishing them within one or two week from the meeting
as per [1].

I would like to remember everyone being on the Board is not a paid position
and it may happen the secretary or any other officer might not be able to
perform a certain action in the prescribed timeline. What I can assure you
is we'll do our best to publish the meeting minutes as soon as possible!

I feel that being on the board is a commitment to making the time to
fultil the basic duties of a board member, which includes for officers
to do their job. If a board member is does not have the time to fill
one of those positions, then they should clearly not put themselves
forward for it. This is why I pointed out that non-board members of
the Foundation can run for the positions as well, especially as I know
that many of the membership have been frustrated with the publication
of minutes and agendas.

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors member,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av