GNOME's own pod (Diaspora instance)

Hello all,

This occured to me that when I was reading about Diaspora.
We should run our own Diaspora pod (instance) on GNOME servers. Here are a few reasons how this move will benefit our community:
  • We would be supporting the use of decentralized social network software which is free and open source.
  • We would be bringing GNOME to a growing community of Diaspora users.
  • We would be encouraging existing and the steady stream of new GNOME contributors to use FOSS even in social networking, thus truly moving towards software freedom.

If there are enough supporters for this idea and if the community agrees, I am happy to help the sysadmin in putting such a system in place.

Thank you for your time.

-Sindhu