Re: Mission Statement

hi,

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014, at 01:23, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
On 7 August 2014 00:13, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Currently there seems to be a mismatch between GNOME's mission statement
and OPW activities (doing program administration for other projects).

if that were the case, then we ought to stop handling funds for all
the other projects for which we currently do handle funds:

  • Gimp
  • GStreamer
  • PulseAudio (for GSoC)
  • PiTiVi (fund raising)

From my original email (quoting the GNOME charter):

"""
The GNOME Foundation will work to further the goal of the GNOME project:
to create a computing platform for use by the general public that is
completely free software.
"""

The projects you listed above are indisputably part of creating a
computing platform that is completely free software.

Cheers