Re: Current state of Foundation finances, upgrade internal systems and controls...

Hi,

On 04/16/2014 05:23 AM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
The more important something is, the more important it is that we have
good Free software to meet our needs.

I agree.

If there are problems with GnuCash and it's the most suitable Free
software, let's get the problems fixed.

There are, and a big part of the problem is that the GNU Cash project
does not have a large developer community, partly because it does not
have a large user community.

There is LedgerSMB which Bradley Kuhn evaluated for the Software Freedom
Conservancy some time back - I don't recall the issues he had with it,
but I do recall that he did not embrace it.

For invoicing, SimpleInvoices http://www.simpleinvoices.org/ might be a
solution to look at?

For Paypal integration, I know CiviCRM handled that - are we still using it?

I imagine that integrating real-time data from the bank is still an issue...

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary, Lyon, France