Re: Current state of Foundation finances

Hi All,

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:
On 12 April 2014 05:29, Sindhu S <sindhus live in> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 5:02 AM, Ekaterina Gerasimova
> <kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> The board expects that you may have some questions or would like to
>> know more details about the problem, please read
>> https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/CurrentBudgetFAQ and contact
>> the board at board-list gnome org if you have any further questions.
>

> I want to ask questions.
>
> Was this situation visible or known before or at the time funds for Dev X
> Hackfest were being allocated?

No, it wasn't know. If it had been known, spending would have been
frozen by then and a budget for the hackfest would not have been
approved.

The email and the FAQ do not address the impact of the spending freeze on previously-approved hackfests [0]. Could the board address whether previously-approved hackfests will proceed or not? It would also be helpful to address the impact of this "go / no go" decision on intended hackfest participants (regardless of whether or not they had been approved for a GNOME-sponsored travel stipend).

Also, in reviewing recent board meeting minutes, I do not see details that would give an indication of overall financial status. Even if they aren't disclosed publicly as part of the minutes, are things like "aging summaries" provided or discussed as part of a treasurer's report during the meetings?

Thanks,

Jim