Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

On Thu, August 15, 2013 5:03 am, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

I've been working with the GitHub guys and Andrea Veri on setting up a
mirror for all GNOME repos in GitHub.

As you can see in the minutes published today, the board discussed the
thread about GitHub and the various concerns on this issue.

Firstly, the board would like to thank Alberto and Andrea for their hard
work to increase participation in GNOME by making this mirror happen. We
all think it's important to improve our outreach to newcomers and welcome
work like this to make contributions easier to a greater group of people.
Alberto, please also pass on our thanks to the folks at GitHub who took
the time and helped make this happen!

However, the majority of the board requested that the word "official" be
removed as we think it could be confusing as to whether GNOME is
recommending GitHub. Alberto has already complied with this request. (You
can read more detail about this in the minutes.)

The board would like to explore making this effort with other services
(like Gitorious). If there is someone who would like to put in the work to
create the appropriate hooks in the repository, please contact us.

karen