Re: Looking for someone to help update GNOME Foundation wikipedia

I'm sure that's fine.  Thanks!

-- Jim

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Emily Gonyer <emilyyrose gmail com> wrote:
Hi Jim - I totally understand. Most of what I've done has simply been updating names/dates/etc (mostly related to the current vs former board of directors) and minor grammatical/ease of reading edits. I hope/assume that's OK. :) Emily Gonyer On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Jim Nelson <jim yorba org> wrote:
I hate to be a buzzkill, but as someone who used to be very active on Wikipedia (and a bit protective of it), I ask anyone associated with the GNOME Foundation editing articles related to GNOME or the Foundation to review Wikipedia's conflict of interest policy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:COI Thanks, -- Jim On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Emily Gonyer <emilyyrose gmail com> wrote: I've made a few preliminary edits and will try to get some more done tomorrow. But I/we will certainly keep such things in mind :) Are there other wikipedia pages we should should be keeping an eye or two out for? Emily On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote: On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote: [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. We're looking for someone to update the GNOME Foundation wikipedia page with accurate information. When someone does this, could she also please make sure it says "free software" or "free/libre software", not "open source"? And if it refers to the GNU/Linux system, it should not call the system "Linux". Sure. -- Dr Richard Stallman President, Free Software Foundation 51 Franklin St Boston MA 02110 USA www.fsf.org www.gnu.org Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software. Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call. _______________________________________________ foundation-list mailing list foundation-list gnome org https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-list -- Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein _______________________________________________ foundation-list mailing list foundation-list gnome org https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-list