Charter not found

Hi, all

I was wondering lately what topics are OK to post on this mailing list because lately I have been seeing many people post unrelated topics on mailing lists including this [1][2] such as gtk-list[3], desktop-devel-app[4].

There are 2 posts this month on this mailing list that do not pertain to the idea of this mailing list. While it's OK for a user unaware of these things to post and we can address our replies to him/her only and point them in the right direction, however I think all active GNOME contributors (especially those who are new to the community) must be made aware of correct etiquette for posting on mailing lists *explicitly* while signing up by perhaps by giving a small description of what the subscriber can post on the mailing list?

While it's easy to simply hit 'Delete' or look the other way at such queries for help, these attitudes do not align with the right spirit of Open Source and of GNOME as a community. I suggest we take a few proactive measures to minimize occurrence of such e-mail.

I also decided to check out http://www.gnome.org/foundation/charter.html, which does not seem to exist. Andreas?

Thank you.

-Sindhu

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2013-May/msg00140.html