Re: Question to GNOME Foundation Board candidates

hi Andreas;

On 20 May 2013 17:53, Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:

First, thanks to all candidates for volunteering to the Foundation Board.

We have a number of candidates running for a second term, and knowing what
were these candidates' contributions to the Foundation in the past year is
quite important for me as a voter. However, as per Zeeshan's questions, I
find it hard to follow the Board's progress and accomplishments. I would
like to know what are your ideas on improving the visibility of the Board's
actions, and communication to Foundation members.

Hi!
I agree that it's hard to keep track of what the board is up to, and I
certainly got a feeling for this the year in between my 2 runs.
One simple thing, that I think we haven't been doing in a little while now,
is to hold foundation-wide meetings more than once a year.
This have previously been done on IRC, and I think it would be beneficial to
do a meeting like this at least every 3 months.
The agenda for these meetings could include the board presenting a recap of
the last 3 months, 2-3 current topics and open floor for questions. This is
more or less how the Adboard meetings are done and it's a good model for
Foundation meetings I think.

we tried holding (semi-)regular IRC meetings over the last couple of
years; we never really had much turn-out, and even requesting agenda
points didn't yield many results.

we *did* have good IRC meetings, but that usually happens only when
there's a massive flame on desktop-devel, and foundation members want
to discuss project-wide efforts on a high-bandwidth channel (as
opposed to a mailing list). I'd rather have fewer flames on d-d-l and
foundation-list than more IRC meetings. ;-)

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name