Re: jabber.gnome.org: a proposal

I remember there was one, but I never took advantage of it.  I still can't take advantage of it due to some wierd password issues.  I said earlier, I'm willing to evaluate on its merits.

sri

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Emily Gonyer <emilyyrose gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think it's clear from the recent thread that most people had
> no idea we had a Jabber server, or that they could get accounts
> on it, or how to go about doing so.
>
> What's more, over the last week, I tried to help two people use
> their jabber.gnome.org accounts with no success.
>
> I think it's unfair to judge the popularity of this service when
> it has been so buried and so extremely difficult to use.
>
> It also seems we can't create group chats on jabber.gnome.org,
> which limits our ability to use it as an official channel for
> GNOME teams.
>
> I propose that we address these issues to give Jabber a fair
> shake. We can then reevaluate its popularity in six months.
>
> --
> Shaun

Sounds like a plan to me - count me in the group that didn't know we
had a jabber service, and would like to know how to get a (working)
account :)

Emily

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that
counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein