Re: Want to review a book about GNOME 3?

    I was wondering if you have to encouraging anyone to buy a book about GNOME
    from anywhere, and not just Amazon.

There are two separate issues here: free manuals, and Amazon.  For the
sake of free software, we must not recommend non-free manuals.

The issue of free manuals, like the issue of free software, is about
users' freedom, not about price.  It's "free as in freedom."  Selling
manuals is ok as long as they are free/libre/elefthero.  The FSF
sells copies of free manuals, and some companies do too.

Amazon is a separate issue.  http://stallman.org/amazon.html explains
why I think it is bad to recommend buying from Amazon.  That is only
my personal position -- the GNU Project doesn't have a position on
this issue -- but I hope that some of you will share my concerns.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation